It’s the last day of 2013 and here I am about to start the drama!!! LOL, I kid. I think almost everyone try to evaluate the kind of life they lived before the year ends. As for me, I’ll give you a rundown of my accomplishments, frustrations and what I gained this 2013. I narrowed all lists down to 13 since it’s the year 2013 and to minimize the lists, otherwise you may be reading a very lengthy blog post.
Simple things I have accomplished which made 2013 fruitful
- Graduate!!! Although it was a bit late than we were supposed to. 🙂
- Got right with God. (Check out under Lessons Learned for this 🙂 )
- Had so much fun organizing the whole year because of my FILED 2013 Doodle Planner!
- Hosted a few giveaways this year starting with my first giveaway with FILED! I can’t really explain how grateful I am for partnering with a company as generous and as kind as FILED! Btw, my last giveaway for the year is still up!
- Started my 25 before 25 list and as of this writing, I already crossed out 4/25!
- Had the best timessssssssss (putting a lot of s for emphasis!!!) with my BU UNESCO family.
- I was able to complete my 50 movie challenge (I even exceeded!) Can’t wait for new movies this coming 2014.
- Crossed out four things from my bucketlist and I aim to cross out more this year!
- I am a registered voter now, finally!!!
- Started out this TFS thing on my blog and I hope to continue it more often this coming year.
- I kissed social media goodbye for a month. Read the story here. 🙂
Even though were a lot of activities and events I wasn’t able to attend, I can say that I lived 2013 to the fullest in my own simple ways. 🙂
My 2013 should-have-beens
- I still can’t accept the fact that I will no longer be campaigning for my beloved party this year.
- Wasn’t able to finish my target of 50 books this year. I only read 11 out of my target. This 2014, I narrowed it down to 30 and I hope I’ll finish it!
- I was supposed to rewatch all six Star Wars episodes this year (first and last time I did was two years ago). But my DVD broke, and I haven’t really tried to look around for a replacement yet.
- My 2013 bucketlist included having a job, but I wasn’t able to tick it off because of the circumstances. Lord willing, I’ll have one soon! 🙂
- Wasn’t able to become so diligent with my TFS and OPAD projects but I hope this year (and I STRONGLY hope) I’ll be able to continue it.
- LOSE WEIGHT (my motivation and intense drive to lose weight fluctuates every now and then depending on how my stomach grumbles)
- Figure out what I really want as a job/career. I think God left that for 2014. 🙂
- Buy a domain. I’ve been really planning this out since the start of this year but because of other more important things, I’ve forgotten to really exert time for it.
- I haven’t really moved on from being a Star Wars and Tangled fan. #sorrynotsorry
- Patch things up with people I have drifted away from. I’ve been praying for strength to get a chance to talk with this people. I hope before 2014 ends, I’ve already mustered every ounce of humility and courage I need to talk to them.
- Be consistent with a 365 project. I’m starting one this 2014 and I hope I get to finish it!
- Not change my number again. Changed my number twice this year. I will try my best to stick with my current one.
- Stop the drama. I’ve been really emotional and sentimental the first few months. But in the latter part of this year, I have learned the art of minimizing my posts and tweets that imply too much drama. Yes, regulation is the key.
Happy pills throughout the year
- The mere fact that God was with me and He never left me during my “ordeal” with our thesis.
- All events organized by our organization gave me more than bliss. During RICE 2013 last June, I was able to really ponder on how BU UNESCO has affected my transformation as a leader and as a student. All the things I said during my talk are still true up until now. I hope my friends continue the legacy. 🙂
- The positive feedback from our Cuerdas Concert both here and in Manila really made me feel happy and I hope it has inspired other churches to invest in their music ministry.
- NICE 2013 is one of my most favorite memories of 2013. I remember every single detail of it (pls don’t hate) and it never fails to make me smile whenever I look back to that conference.
- I know happy thoughts are supposed to be real happy ones, but I need to include my intense interest in reading ThoughtCatalog posts here. A number of beautiful works in it made me really giddy and happy just by merely reading it.
- That floating lantern scene in Tangled. Has been, still is, and will always be one of my happy thoughts. <3
- I downloaded apps to help me unleash my productivity this 2014. It just makes me feel so stoked, looking forward to whatever this coming year has in store for me.
- My Tiny Death Star app has 47 levels now. That’s something to be proud of. 🙂
- Celebrating the holidays in the simplest ways, yet with a complete family – that’s something to be really happy about. :”>
- Answered prayers. Whether a “Yes”, “Not Now” and “I have something better for you” answers to prayers, I delight in Him because He makes all things beautiful in His time. 🙂
- My blog has almost 40,000 hits and I hope for a more productive year this 2014!
- Blog readers who message me on Facebook or tweet me that they read my blog and they find it really good. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank those who really read my posts and ponder on a few lines from it. 🙂
- God’s grace is sufficient. I can never really put into words how joyful I feel whenever He’s mentioned or whenever I read His Word, or whenever I think about how great His love is for me. My salvation, His love for me, and having this much faith in Him never fails to make me happy.
2013 pabaon for a stronger and wiser Rej in 2014
- Matthew 6:33 all the way. If your relationship with God is right, it is a proven fact that you’ll get right with people and situations you’ve been praying for.
- Genuine love may be seen as martyrdom by a few people, but I’ve learned that it is not about me, it’s about the people I love and how willing I am to sacrifice for them.
- It’s never too late to get involved. Volunteer, organize an event for the benefit of others, help out in any way you can. Make a difference! 🙂
- People come and go, only a few stay. And at the end of the day, those who were never there when you were happy but were always present when you needed them most, sometimes, they are the ones worth keeping more than the others.
- It is never wrong to love yourself more than you did before. It is never wrong to let go of opportunities and people if they aren’t helping you grow anymore.
- I need to take more risks, I need to be braver, I need to be stronger. I won’t be 21 forever.
- Priorities MUST be set straight. I have long taken for granted whenever my Mum told me to know what should be first. This time, I’m taking it seriously.
- Before you give up on something, think of the reasons why you held on for so long. And if they’re not enough, be kind enough to let yourself be happy without it.
- I need to act my age. Not everyone who grows old grows up. Maturity comes with age, but most of the time it is a choice people make.
- Overthinking won’t do me any good. I should instead focus on what I could do to brighten up sad situations and solve the problem(/s).
- To believe in something is one thing. But to be able to speak about that one thing, that’s something. As long as I know it’s right, as long as it’s in line with my convictions, I’m never shutting up.
- Faith is defined in the dictionary as complete trust. It can never be partial.
- Your state of life depends on how you look at the situation. Like the cliche half-empty or half-full glass. I aim for more optimism!
- Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Some of the things I placed here are pretty general. As much as I would like to put into detail how much 2013 has shaped my life, I can’t really do that without boring you because of how long it would take you to finish reading. I may have labeled 2012 as the toughest on me so far as I wrote my post during the start of this year. But I am thankful that God prepared me to be emotionally and spiritually stable to face what 2013 had for me. Everytime I pray, I thank God for His faithfulness to such a person as unfaithful and unworthy as I am. He never fails to keep His promises and His assurance of blessings abound in times I least expect it to. Truly, the end of the year is a good time to look back on what transpired, leave out all the negativity, and bring along all lessons learned from whatever happened for the year. The release of Rej version 2014 officially launches today on the first day of 2014!
And this is me greeting you all a happy new year!!! Here’s to a fresh start. 😉