I know I owe all of you guys an apology (especially to my avid readers, if I have any lol) for not being able to update my blog during my birthday month. Work has taken its toll on me and as much as I want to blog I always end up procrastinating instead.
I was supposed to list down random thoughts before my 22nd birthday, but I just finished this a week and a day after I actually turned 22. Just to give you guys a gist of what I have in my mind for the past days, weeks, or even the year.
- You may never be enough for others, but that doesn’t define your worth. You always have to learn to let go and say no to people or situations especially if you are not happy about it anymore. I now fully understand what they mean when they say, “Never settle for less than you deserve.”
- I’m stoked for December! One of my favorite poets, Lang Leav, will be here in the Philippines for a book signing tour. I NEED TO SEE HER. Period.
- Felicity Smoak is my life peg forever. Nuff said.
- If my planner could whine, it would complain of how empty it feels. I haven’t really had the time to update it like I used to. But I need to or else I won’t be able to cross an item in my 2014 goals.
- Slowly, I’m learning to deprive myself of the things I want just so I could save up. I always bear in mind that my needs are more important. So yeah, wants over needs.
- I’m enjoying work. It’s my fifth month today and I’m glad with whatever’s happening with work. True enough, there are times I feel so stressed and swamped up with tasks but at the end of the day, especially when colleagues from satellite offices praise my work, there’s this sense of fulfillment that makes me more thankful for having been given a job that I enjoy doing.
- I miss my ukulele. I’m thinking whether I should just wait until December so I can get my hands on it when I go home to Legazpi or buy a new one (in green) instead. My weekends would seem more productive if I have at least one instrument with me.
- Having a job and earning your own money is one tough thing especially the budgeting part. Most ppl think it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 once you earn your own money. Yes, it may be true that I can buy whatever I want to. But just recently, someone taught me how I could budget my money properly, with money allotted for a few wants without having to sacrifice my needs. And I’m glad to say I followed his advice.
- Sometimes I forget I’m in my early 20’s. Idk about others, but sometimes I still feel (and think) like I’m a teenager.
- Decisions are inevitable. Whether they are minor or major, how you make them, how it affects your life, and how you decide to face all possible consequences is all up to you.
- I now understand more of taking responsibility of one’s actions and decisions. I’ve been mentioning it over and over again how I strive hard to be mature about things. I know I’ve committed a lot of mistakes in the past but I decided I won’t let it define who I really am.
- I finally finished FILED’s Wander A Day contest! I’ll be choosing the Scribble Planner for this year.
- I know I’ve been having a hard time updating my blog lately, but the past month made me realize I should never give this up. There may be unannounced hiatuses, but I will never leave the blogosphere.
- I’ve been tagged by the awesome Camie Juan for her #WonderfulMoment challenge on Instagram and I’m about to start with it later. Anyone who is an iPhone user and wants to be tagged can follow me on Instagram.
- I thank God everyday for giving my heart an unexpected reason to be very happy. It just feels so good to actually be appreciated (and loved) in a way you have just imagined before.
- I am looking forward for whatever the last two months of 2014 has in store for me. The first half of this year was so and so. The first four months of the other half just came in like a roller coaster.
- Affiliate program offers are still coming to this blog and I can’t help but feel thankful about that despite the fact that I haven’t really been active last month.
- I need to decide what I have to do with my hair. I’m in a dilemma whether to dye it, have it cut so I can have my bangs back again, or just simply wait before I welcome the New Year to have a makeover. #girlprobs
- Lately, the thought of taking up a masters program keeps on playing with my head. I have yet to pray about this.
- I miss home a lot. I can’t elaborate on this without having tears swell up so I won’t. 🙂
- I have quite a few guilty pleasures lately: good music, words (it will be my thing forever), FOOD FOOD FOOD, good apps, and you.
- I will never fail to thank the Lord for whatever is happening in my life today – both the good and bad. I am more than confident to say that He’s doing EVERYTHING for my own good. It’s all a part of His plan in my life.
There’s just a lot of things to be positive about, and I hope that positivity will continue to motivate me to write.