I want to laugh at the fact that the initials of this post’s title spell ABS. Okay… Moving on to the main reason why this blog post was even started in the first place
I FINALLY MADE THE MOVE!
I’ve contemplated a long time about it, but I’ve transferred from Blogger to WordPress! If you’ve been following me on Twitter for a long time now (as in, yeaaars), you might have probably been a witness to my indecisiveness over moving to WordPress. I was in a constant dilemma whether or not to push through with moving. I didn’t want to make any rash decisions based solely on wanting to move – I wanted to need it.
Why didn’t I transfer before? Well, here are the reasons:
- I wasn’t quite sure really. This is pretty self-explanatory. I was too indecisive and I lacked research on the pros and cons of transferring.
- I dubbed Blogger as my home because among all the blogging platforms I’ve been to since 2007. It motivated me to write more seriously.
- I thought it was too expensive. I had to purchase a hosting package, had to spend on this and that (this, I eventually learned later on – if you want your blog to improve, sooner or later, you have to spend for it).
- When I first made this blog, all I cared about was writing. But when opportunities came in, I realized I had to improve everything – my theme, my domain – well, you know. Blogger was so easy to use and I thought I would be settling there forever.
- I was too attached to Blogger (almost four years is a long time). I learned a lot from my stay there as a person and as a blogger. Sentimentality always plays a vital role in making a big decision.
Those were my thoughts before moving. You might wonder why I finally opted to say yes to moving. Well, here’s to answer those questions running around in your head:
- One of the main, very main reasons was that my Disqus was all messed up for my last week on Blogger. Google updated or modified its authentication stuff and IDRK if this is still a problem for Blogger as of this writing.
- Unbeknownst to many, my first blog was in WordPress (I can tell you the link, but I have already deleted the posts there lol and all that remains are links and juvenile, emo texts all over the page).
- RESPONSIVENESS. I am putting emphasis on this because WordPress is way ahead of Blogger on this field.
- Themes! The pre-made themes for WordPress are 10x (or even more) better than the ones for Blogger.
- I can control a lot of things + it’s so user-friendly.
- I wanted to write better, I wanted to be better. Because of work (and me always wanting to rest and just browse the internet for stuff), I have slacked off in regularly writing for my blog. I hope this changes!
- Plug-ins! I love that there’s a plug-in for almost everything.
So what’s new?
- From Musings of a Royal Superhero to Musings, Mishaps, and Madness. I had to settle for a more formal blog title and one which describes what is actually in my blog.
- My approach in blogging. I think, personally, I have improved in writing and trying to converse with my readers.
- More ideas! The past almost one month, I have listed down possible blog topics, ideas to continue my blog series, and things I can still do to improve my blog.
I still have a lot of things in mind about this. It took me almost a month to publish my site again. I had to learn how things are here and how this works. I made a lot of customizations, added some things here and there, trashed a few very personal (well some, irrelevant) posts – all in preparation for this relaunching. Also, I want to give a big shout out to Ate Grace of grace.ph for hosting me and for the love! <3
Well, I hope I can live up to whatever the objectives I have in moving and venturing forth to a better blog experience not only for me but for you, my dear readers and friends. Here’s to a better Superaena!