The year 2016 gave me a lot of really cool things to be busy about and to try for the first time. I have to be completely honest that I only know how to do basic make-up and that I’ve only developed a deeper interest for it this year. I mean, hello, when you’re given the chance to explore more options and get out of your comfort zone, why wouldn’t you? So if you’re like me who’s going through a phase like that, why not try out the Fashion 21 Twist Eye Pencil?
The new Fashion 21 Twist Eye Pencils now come by threes! It comes in different eye-catching but soft shades and even doubles as an eye shadow. It’s perfect for make-up newbies to help us less spend more time about thinking of what colors we can mix and match to create new eye make-up looks everyday. And the best thing about is it if you buy the Twist Eye Pencil set, then you’ll be able to save more. Currently, each Twist Eye Pencil costs P99 ($1.98) and each set costs P250 ($5.01)! That gives you the chance to save P49 ($0.98). Not bad, right?
The following sets were sent to me for review: Black Smokey Eyes, Colorful Eyes, Princess Eyes, Dashing Eyes, and Pop Princess Eyes. I’ll be dwelling more on each set on the latter part of this post. Let’s focus on the Twist Eye Pencils themselves first!
Each set includes the Pearl shade and I believe it’s great to balance or even out the colors included for each set. The color and shade can be seen in the bottom part of each eye pencil and it comes with a clear cap for you to have a better idea of what the color for each pen is like. Fashion 21 Twist Eye Pencils weigh 1.5g each and have a twist bottom. You never have to worry about not having a sharpener on you again with this eye pencil. Perfect for quick, convenient make-up magic on the road.
Here’s the swatches of the colors of the Twist Eye Pencil included in the five sets I got. I noticed that 3/9 of the colors are in matte while the rest of the colors are so shimmery! The matte colors are Azure, Nimbus, and Smoke while Pearl, Gold, Grass, Lagoon, Lilac, and Sable are of shimmery nature.
- Pearl – I wasn’t able to really capture the whiteness of this. I don’t know, but the photo does not justify how it really looks like in person! You have to apply it a few times in the same area though if you want to really use it as white eye shadow.
- Gold – Personally, I thought it was bronze! But I really love the golden look for this once you get the perfect hue for it.
- Grass – It’s bordering light and lime green with glitter accents.
- Lagoon – Among the three shades of blue, Lagoon is my favorite. It’s really smooth to apply and true to its shade on the tip.
- Azure – Blue shade that’s not really shimmery and more inclined to matte.
- Nimbus – I was actually surprised that this was a dark blue shade because the tip looks like it’s black! So see, it’s important to swatch make-up products!
- Lilac – Not really a fan of lilac color but I really love that it’s smooth and easy to apply! No need to reapply over and over again on the same area just to achieve the full color.
- Sable – Somewhere between gray or silver, the Sable shade’s shimmer is evenly spread out.
- Smoke – This resembles really polluted smoke because it’s so black! LOL. But I love it because I can really use it as an eye liner.
Most of the pencils were really smooth to apply and only a few needed re-application to achieve its best hue. The lighter shades fade faster and are really easy to remove with a make-up remover while the dark ones, Smoke and Nimbus, stay longer and were a bit harder to remove over the others.
Black Smokey Eyes
Colors: Pearl, Gold, and Nimbus
Perfect for: That sophisticated or dramatic look
Colors: Pearl, Grass, and Lagoon
Perfect for: That mermaid or beach inspired make-up look
Colors: Pearl, Lilac, and Gold
Perfect for: Everyday make up with a pop of color
Colors: Pearl, Sable, and Smoke
Perfect for: That edgy look and an awesome night out with friends
Pop Princess Eyes
Colors: Pearl, Gold, and Azure
Perfect for: That Britney Spears/Christina Aguilera look or everyday look with a color pop
Will I use it? Yes. I will try and experiment on more looks!
Will I suggest or refer it to others? Yes. If it worked for me I believe it will work for others too! I have sensitive skin and I’m always worried about the hiyang problem. This didn’t disappoint. Of course it still depends on the person’s preference! 😉
Will I buy it after it’s all consumed? Yes! It’s very affordable and I really loved the colors and the countless make-up looks you can come up with just by mixing and matching each shade.
Favorite Shades? Gold, Lagoon, and Sable!
Favorite Set? Dashing Eyes! I’m really into monochromatic colors. Who knows once I experiment more on the others, I might fall in love with them as well!
Where can people buy it? SM Department Stores and Watsons!
Check out Fashion 21 Cosmetic’s website to see more of their products! Don’t forget to follow their Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts to get the latest updates on new products!
Fashion 21 Cosmetics
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Fashion 21. All thoughts and opinion are completely mine.