Hello everyone! First of all, I’m pretty sure you’ve noticed that this series has a different name now. It used to be called “The Monday Grace” but I’m now making it into a Wednesday thing just because I want to. I’ve been wanting to revamp my blog a bit, make it more active and more “me” again and so this is one of the many changes that this blog might undergo this year.
It has been less than a year since I last made a post like this and what’s funny is that I last wrote it while I was in Turkey and now I’m writing the 23rd volume while comfortably sitting in a chair, inside an apartment, in a foreign land. Anyway, so much for the lengthy introduction. Here are the things I’m thankful for lately:
- I’m just so thankful for the opportunities and blessings that God has been blessing me with. Really, I can’t thank Him enough for everything good that’s happening in my life and every lesson I’m learning.
- I visited the Dallas Museum of Art last month. I really love going to museums and learning more about others’ culture and art. It’s a free-pass museum with occasional paid exhibits. I haven’t tried the latter so maybe next time.
- Blog collaborations and opportunities. I have a lot of posts lined up and stuck in my drafts and I feel so motivated to be active in blogging again. It is indeed true that when you’re in the US, there are a lot of opportunities just waiting for you as a blogger!
- Michael’s and Jo-ann!!! If you’re a planner junkie like me, then you’d know that both of these craft stores are pieces of heaven on Earth. Both of them have branches near our place so I can just book an Uber whenever I want to (it has its pros and cons, but whatever, I just love going there).
- Rebuilding a friendship with a person I thought I lost as a friend.
- I think I might have lost a little weight but I can’t really say because there’s no weighing scale here in the apartment and I don’t want to buy one. LOL.
- Being able to reconnect with my “old music wallower” self. I have been listening to a lot of music lately if you’re a friend on Facebook and a follower on Twitter, I’m pretty sure you’ve noticed it by now. So sorry for flooding your feeds with Spotify and Youtube links!!!
- I’m realizing a lot of things. I’m getting used to being alone and “independent” (or so I would like to think). I’m alone but I’m not lonely and there’s a big difference about that. I have more time to evaluate myself, my goals, my priorities, my faith, and just a lot more. Perhaps I’ll dwell more on this in another blog post.
- Make-up detox. I’ve been here since January 28 and not only until two weeks ago did I buy make-up. I had brought a few Colourpop lippies with me and also ordered from the site but aside from that and eyeliner, I didn’t wear any make-up, just moisturizer. It was good to let my skin breathe for a month or so. I got used to it so much that even though I already bought some basic make-up, I still prefer going out with bare face.
- Online shopping! I may or may not have bought a lot of stuff from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Etsy, and Pinkoi. At least when I order it here, it gets delivered straight to my mailbox.
I hope this post is the start of consecutive ones. I have to encourage myself to be more consistent in this. I love my blog and I have no plans of quitting even though it may seem otherwise. Well anyway, it’s almost the end of March, what are your plans for April? 😉