How to Really Know Someone Vol. 01

June 29, 2015

Happy, happy Monday, everyone! Been trying to come up with a new post the past days, but I’ve been pretty busy (and also, sick) so yet again, I failed. But here’s a little something!

I initially found this in Ate Corinth’s blog and I said to myself, “Hey! Why not try that blog series for a change?” Although there’s a lot of me in each post that is in here as of the moment, I think this would be a better way for my friends/readers to know more about me (if you don’t know me that well yet!). I’ll be answering five questions per post until I cover all the ones in this list. Enough with the nonsense blurbing! Here goes volume one!

1. How do you feel about birthdays?I actually have a lot of mixed feelings about celebrating birthdays. There is joy knowing God keeps on sustaining me for additional years. More time for opportunities, blessings, experiences, and others. But sometimes it sucks to age a year older and yet still feel that I’m stuck somewhere between 16 and 18. Do you feel me? Lol.
  2. Do you believe in fate? Honestly, I don’t believe in fate or destiny, luck or bad luck. I do, however, believe that everything has already been predestined by God. Romans 8:28 will always be one of the key verses of my life. “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”
  3. What do you think when a band/artist “sells out”? I think, and I know for sure, that nobody is perfect. But having the awareness that a lot of people will see you us someone to look up to when you are famous, you must be cautious with the way you handle things. I’m not someone to become all judgy, but sometimes it just disappoints me so much.
  4. What do you think of fans and fandoms? I think they’re great as long as they don’t go over the line. I fangirl over a lot of TV shows, but I’m nowhere near as some people who actually dedicate Twitter accounts or Facebook pages because of their fandom. Also, I detest jeje trends on Twitter that some fandoms come up with (because hello, let’s face it, they don’t actually contribute anything good to the society). I hate it when fangirls and fanboys worship celebrities. That is a perfect example of idolatry.
  5. Any specific personality traits you would like to see in your life partner? Before I met Nichole, I used to say that whoever I end up with, I hope he’s like Dada – funny, loving, and very family-oriented. I am very proud that he possesses the same traits, add to that the fact that he has two degrees and a CPA license (yes, super pogi points because haller ang talino!!! lol). One thing I would like to see more would be, that as we go along the way, for him to be able to develop a deeper, and more intimate relationship with God. Aside from that, I believe he already has more than enough traits to be my current and future life partner.

So that’s it for the first volume! I hope you guys could comment your answers to the first five questions below, or post it somewhere else and tag me! I would love to see your answers and get to know more about you!

• Reply Sirhc EcivoduL June 29, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Nice layout thou… #5 🙂

• Reply JHANZEY July 1, 2015 at 9:32 am

Interesting blog series! I wanna do it too hehe 😀

• Reply Alissa @ TheWallflowerSecrets July 5, 2015 at 5:10 am

These are really great questions to befriend someone or get to know them.

• Reply Superaena July 6, 2015 at 2:16 am

Kuya, thank you!

• Reply JHANZEY July 6, 2015 at 5:48 am

Thanks Raena! 🙂

• Reply Kisty Mea July 15, 2015 at 3:42 am

I also have mixed feelings about celebrating birthdays. For my 26th birthday, I was a little sad. I don't know why, probably because I was still having a life crisis (it doesn't end) about my career and goals. But I'm also thankful for the opportunities and blessings I've received all throughout my life. 🙂

Do I believe in fate? No, not really… But I do believe in the power of the Universe conspiring in your favor.

For #3 and #4, no comment.

For my life partner, all I ask is honesty and be faithful. He can be funny and smart, but if he's not honest, then what's the point? 🙂

• Reply Superaena July 15, 2015 at 4:25 am

Thank you for taking time to answer, Ate Kisty!!! 🙂 I understand having to think about goals in different aspects of life. I constantly question my own set from time to time. Lol.

• Reply Superaena - How to Really Know Someone Vol. 02 September 16, 2015 at 6:36 pm

[…] volume of my How to Really Know Someone blog series! *slow claps* LOL. The last time I did this was almost four months ago and I almost forgot about it until I just checked my Blogger account recently (after a month!) and […]

• Reply Superaena - How to Really Know Someone Vol. 03 November 11, 2015 at 4:36 pm

[…] you missed the first two, here’s a link for Vol. 01 and Vol. […]

• Reply Kai March 6, 2016 at 12:12 am

I did mine too! 🙂 na enjoy ako haha 😀

• Reply Rej Relova March 7, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Yay!!! Going to check that one out.

• Reply How to Really Know Someone (Vol. 1) – Kitty Journal September 19, 2016 at 8:55 pm

[…] searching for new blogs to read, I stumbled on this blog series at Ate Superaena’s and I was like, “Why, I also want to do this! It looks so fun!” so I decided to […]