How to Really Know Someone Vol. 02

September 16, 2015

We’re on to the second volume of my How to Really Know Someone blog series! *slow claps* LOL. The last time I did this was almost four months ago and I almost forgot about it until I just checked my Blogger account recently (after a month!) and saw this in my drafts. Anyway, here are questions 6-10 with their corresponding answers!

1. Should parents be their child’s friends? I deeply believe so. Parents should know exactly what’s going on with their children’s lives – what makes them tick, what they like, who they hang out with, etc. but without making them feel that they are invading their privacy. Honestly, I regret that I didn’t treat my parents as close friends while growing up. There’s just too much regret with how I decided on certain things of my life before. But if I were to have my own children, I will make sure that I would be a friend (and not just an ordinary one, a cool friend!) to them.
  2. What do you think of doctor-assisted suicide? Not really feeling that vibe. It irks me whenever euthanasia or doctor-assisted suicide topics are brought up. I believe in letting people go naturally, peacefully.
  3. Have you ever blown your top? Why? I may have gone berserk a couple of times during high school and college because my classmates/block mates weren’t really cooperative. I just didn’t see the point of people appointing someone as their leader, yet they didn’t follow whatever was instructed of them neither were they able to accomplish the tasks that were given to them on time.
  4. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Wait… what old am I again rn??? 😉 Kidding. IDEK. LOL. TBQH, (WOW THAT WAS A LOT OF INTERNET JARGON) my appearance does not justify my age. When I was in elementary, I was mistaken as a highschool student most of the time. When I was in highschool, a lot of people thought I was already in college. And then when I entered college, people thought I was already working. And now that I’m working, people still think I’m in college. How crazy is that??? So IDRK if it’s because I look old or I look a bit mature for my actual age. I’ve never forgotten and I think I never will.
  5. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I’d tell them that’s wrong. You can go on telling other people about what you think of other people but never ever go below the belt. I’d just tell them to imagine if people were talking about them that way too. What would they feel?

So that’s it for the second volume! I’m going to make this a monthly habit until I answer all the questions!

I hope you guys could comment your answers for the questions below, or post it somewhere else and tag me! I would love to see your answers and get to know more about you!

• Reply Salvé Dalmacio September 16, 2015 at 6:51 pm

#8. I haven’t gotten to the point wherein I shouted at my peers/blockmates (ugh ugh ugh) but there might have been a time when I walked out of the room. I was leading this production but the class was just TOO DAMN NOISY and they wouldn’t cooperate. Unprofessional of me, I know. But there’s no going back now, and the production went well naman. Sana wala na ulit mangyari na ganon. Haha.

• Reply Rej Relova September 17, 2015 at 12:22 am

HAHAHA. I’ve been through a lot of going over the top because I always get picked as the leader. It sucks sometimes. But at least from these experiences, we learn. ?

• Reply Janine September 16, 2015 at 8:52 pm

This is a cool blog series Rej! I really wish I could keep up with these kinds of series but nah, I’ve tried it back on Tumblr but I had to stop it ‘coz I wasn’t able to keep up. HAHA! Hopefully soon if time permits. :))

• Reply Rej Relova September 17, 2015 at 12:21 am

If you’re interested, tell me! I’ll give you the full list ?

• Reply joan rafunzel medina September 17, 2015 at 7:15 am

number 9 is cute. Student and looking old, and working looking young.

• Reply Pam de Guzman September 17, 2015 at 9:29 am

I totally agree with the first question.. and just like you, I also regret not treating my parents like a friend.. I think they would have enjoyed my stories and I/m pretty sure I could have used most of their advices to make some pretty good decisions haha!

• Reply Rej Relova September 17, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Amen to the last sentence! HAHA.

• Reply Anna September 17, 2015 at 10:37 am

Ooh fun, an interactive post! Dahil madaldal ako sa comments, I will answer all the questions here! 😀

– I think parents and their children should be open with each other, yes. But in this kind of setup: Parents should not force themselves to be buddy-buddy with their children if ever they’re not too comfortable with it and respect if the child wants their privacy or keep a distance from what they wanna share to their parents. They shouldn’t invade their privacy too. Lastly, never close your doors to your child. Unfortunately, for people who grew up with loving but distant parents it’s too late to mend that kind of wound now.. only way left to make up for it is NOT to be like this with their own kids in the future.
    – Hard to comment on this. It’s easy to react to this when a loved one is not involved, but what if you know one who is? Would you stand by your decision (in case you are pro-euthanasia)? Why can’t we be all immortals eh? Haha okay not a good answer.
    – No, I’m pretty good at keeping my cool. However, I’m sure if I had Twitter around the time I was in highschool it would have been my outlet of school rage. I remember being more passive-aggressive around Twitter during college. Thanks for being a good outlet.. twas good while it lasted lol. Now I can’t do this because everybody takes social media seriously.
    – Judging from my.. thinking, I’d say 30. Haha! Forget my physical appearance, let’s measure “age” by our mental capacity. Haha.
    – I’d call them out and say a few short words on how hurtful they are with their words towards that friend if I don’t run out of English hahaha. Then I’d respectfully excuse myself from this happening and leave. I only “admire” these people I would-be having lunch with, I don’t know them personally.. so no loss there if I ruin my relationship with them. Besides, the people we admire from afar aren’t all that good/nice/kind anyway. They’re just as mean as the next person, di lang natin alam haha. This is why I try as much as possible not to know a lot of things about these celebs I like because one small stain in their attitude puts me off and makes me regret I invested so much time admiring them.

• Reply Rej Relova September 17, 2015 at 3:45 pm

I love how you comment on posts, Anna! And thank you for taking time to answer the questions. LOL. I actually DLed my Twitter archive to delete all the rage-filled tweets I had because of my classmates! LOL.

• Reply Alyssa Panghulan September 19, 2015 at 12:27 am

#8 I haven’t seen you in person yet but your photos say you’re still about 18-19 years young! Haha! I personally think I’m still 18-19 too, not that I look young because I DON’T look young! My height says so and so does my thinking… I feel like I still think like a teenager. Gosh. Ang feelingera ko lang xD This is a nice series, btw Rej! 🙂 I’m glad I had the time to visit your blog again 🙂

• Reply Clint Mamuri September 19, 2015 at 1:41 am

This is fun. You get to answers those questions, and have your readers know more about you. At the same time, you can let your readers answer your questions. More of getting to know each bloggers. Lol

10. I hate it when a person on my circle is talking bad shits about one of the guys in my circle as well. It’s like if he can do that to a friend, I bet he can do that as well to me. 🙁

• Reply Rej Relova September 20, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Thanks for taking the time to answer, Clint!

• Reply Corinth September 20, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Thanks for reminding me to continue this series on my blog haha.

• Reply Rej Relova September 20, 2015 at 7:11 pm

I miss reading your answers to this na! HAHA.

• Reply Ochi September 21, 2015 at 4:06 pm

It’s the first time I’ve heard about this blog series and it seems fun! I’ve been on the lookout for fun Blog series’ to join and I’m adding this on top of my Friday’s 10 Happy things! 🙂

• Reply Rej Relova September 21, 2015 at 4:21 pm

E-mail me if you need a complete list of the questions! 🙂

• Reply Superaena - How to Really Know Someone Vol. 03 November 11, 2015 at 4:38 pm

[…] If you missed the first two, here’s a link for Vol. 01 and Vol. 02. […]