My Nivea Slidefest Experience

October 1, 2015

Nichole and I went to Alabang last Saturday to attend the Nivea Slidefest. We’ve been seeing posts and articles about this early this year so I got really stoked when he told me they have a company event for this (and we have free tickets)!

We got two All Day Slider tickets (ha ha being in a relationship with a guy who works at Nivea has a lot of perks ha ha) which involved having the chance to slide all we want from 8AM until 10PM and a couple of freebies (a Slidefest shirt, sunglasses, and Nivea sunblock).

We arrived at the venue at around 2PM or 3PM (I forgot HAHA) and went straight to ask around where the registration booth is. After leaving our belongings in the baggage area, we went to the dedicated dressing rooms and changed so that we could immediately start sliding!

There were two types of slide: the foam slide and the regular slide. The difference? Foam Slides have foam (obviously) and the length of the slide. I enjoyed the foam slide more than the regular one even though the latter was longer. There were marshals in the slides in certain distances to assist you if you get stuck in the middle, medics just in case someone gets injured, and security. I think over all, they were really well-prepared for this.

Here’s a video of me (haha #shameless) while on the foam slide:

It’s just my annoying face. Loool. I think I need a GoPro soon. #slidefest2015 #slidefestph

A video posted by Rej Relova ? (@superaena) on

Aside from the two slides, there was also an obstacle course of some sort and a maze. We didn’t get to try the obstacleย because we preferred making use of our remaining time in the actual slides + we had to eat because we were famished. There were a lot of food stands near the area (although some of it were a bit overpriced, for me).

We also had fun in the foam area although it wasn’t an all around thing. I think there was only a certain time for them to turn it on. It was good that the event wasn’t really crowded and we got to enjoy each part of it.

There was also a stage for the DJ which made the event more lively. I think the people who stayed until 10PM had a blast with all the party and dancing. I saw some photos on Instagram on what happened during the night and they seemed like a lot fun!

We had to go early so we stopped to pack up after our last two slides. All in all, it was a super fun experience. It was unfortunate there were no pools around the area as we were more than willing to stay to swim for a few minutes. Something to cross out my “something to try” list and something I would love to try again!

• Reply Ochi October 2, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Wow, all that water and bubbles makes it look like it’s a lot of fun!

• Reply Tricia Willa October 3, 2015 at 1:34 am

Looked really fun! Ugh! I had plans on attending this event with my friends but unfortunately it didn’t push through since I had a full-packed schedule. Now I’m feeling the regret! Anyway, new reader here ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Rej Relova October 4, 2015 at 8:05 am

Hey Tricia! Thanks for visiting. Let’s hope they schedule something like this again soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Trish October 3, 2015 at 7:46 am

Looks like you guys had fun! I was supposed to attend a similar event, Slidefest Philippines’ (or are they behind this as well?) but failed the last minute. And can I just say… ang puti mo! Hahaha! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Rej Relova October 4, 2015 at 8:06 am

I think they’re just the same! Just a different set up or organizing company? Haha. Sayang! I hope you can experience it too! Thanks! Hahaha.

• Reply Alissa October 3, 2015 at 12:16 pm

OMG that looks so fun! I’ve never really been on a water park before but this one is amazing and it has bubbles too!

• Reply Rej Relova October 4, 2015 at 8:07 am

Sobra!!! The foam made me feel like a kid again.

• Reply Tara October 3, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Oh, wow! That sounds like a super fun and amazing event! I would have totally gone to that! The slide looks so fun! And the foam area! Oh, man. The little kid in me definitely wishes I could have been there! ^^ I’m so glad you had a blast!

P.S. You’re so pretty!!! Love the last photo of you on the slide!

• Reply Rej Relova October 4, 2015 at 8:08 am

Tara, thanks a lot for the kind words!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ It would be nice if there will be something similar to this near your place ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Mimi Gonzales October 4, 2015 at 11:12 am

I get nervous on slides, but I think this Slidefest is definitely something I would want to try! I hope they have something similar here in Cebu. I love Nivea’s marketing strategy on this! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Janine October 5, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Waaaaah this surely was an amazing experience! Sana may slidefest din dito sa Cebu!!! I want!!! Hahaha