Processed with VSCO

Citi x Bistro Ultimate Food Run [Part 1]

August 18, 2016

I recently attended a Food Run that Zomato hosted featuring The Bistro Group x Citi. We were able to taste different food from six (6) different restos that are part of the said dining group. I decided to divide the post into two parts so as to not dump everything in one long post.

I was not able to actually dine in each place because we stayed in Texas Roadhouse’s tables and the food were just served, one resto at a time, so I can’t really say anything about the place and the dining experience for each. I’m including a quick review of the food served to us there.

By the way, there are 30% discounts for each resto. All promos are open for all Citibank Cardholders, whose credit or debit cards have been issued by Citibank, N.A., with no minimum or maximum spend required and is exclusive for dine-in only. Promo runs from August 15, 2016 – September 15, 2016!

Italianni’s

Their Sicilian Salad with Chicken (P450) consists of chicken breast, crispy romaine, mangoes, red grapes, and walnuts tossed in a creamy anchovy dressing. All the taste of the ingredients harmonized with each other. This is a perfect dish for or salad lovers out there.

2016-08-17 04.42.30 1

I am a sucker for anything chips and fries that’s why I loved their Italian Truffle Fries (P295). It’s a bowl of crispy potato chips with basil drizzled with truffle cream dressing and served with truffle mayo dip. The Truffle Fries were not too salty and tasted just right.

2016-08-17 04.42.29 1

My favorite would have to be the Spinach Artichoke Formaggio (P295). I love the creamy blend of cheeses mixed with artichoke, spinach, and mushrooms. The garlic bread that was served with it complemented it well. Once I started dipping the bread into it, I swear I could not stop. It may seem nothing special at first when you take a bite, but the taste lingers in the mouth and believe me, the taste was so satisfying.

2016-08-17 04.42.28 2

Promo: 30% off on appetizers, starters, and salads (excluding soups and lunch sizes)

Italianni’s Uptown Mall

Third Floor, Uptown Place Mall, 36th Street Corner 9th Avenue,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

Sunday – Thursday: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Friday – Saturday: 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM

Italianni's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Buffalo Wild Wings

Their Asian Zing Chicken Salad (P495) with crisp greens and cabbage topped with grilled chicken tossed in their signature Asian Zing sauce garnished with Mandarin oranges and fried wontons had us all going gaga with the exotic taste. The Asian Zing Chicken Salad is served with light Asian Sesame dressing. I think the dressing really added a dash to make this a different salad experience.

2016-08-17 04.42.25 1

The Tablegating Sampler (P725) wowed everyone in the table. At first glance, it was so overwhelming because each part of the sampler looked so delicious that you won’t even know what to try first. It had traditional wings spun in BUFFALO WILD WINGS sauce or dry seasoning and is served with soft pretzels and queso, warm pita chips with spinach artichoke dip and their bacon, cheddar, and mozzarella stuffed jalapeño pepper bites. I especially loved the taste of the pretzels plus this is the first SOFT pretzel that I have ever tried.

2016-08-17 04.42.23 1

I am a Nachos person so you don’t even have to wonder why the Ultimate Nachos (P465) was my favorite among the three. Chili, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, jalapeños, queso and salsa all atop a mound of corn tortilla chips. Who wouldn’t love that? I just couldn’t stop from getting and getting more from the plate.

2016-08-17 04.42.24 1

Promo: 30% off on appetizers, starters, and salads (excluding soups)

Buffalo Wild Wings Uptown Mall

Uptown Place Mall, 36th Street Corner 9th Avenue,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

Sunday – Thursday: 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Friday – Saturday: 11:00 AM – 12:00 MN

Moe’s Southwest Grill

This jam-packed Chicken Salad Bowl (P245) is the bomb! Considering its price, I can say that each peso spent on this is worth it. Since the bowl is filled with chicken bits, two people can share this and be absolutely full! I also loved that this was served in a tortilla bowl.

2016-08-17 04.42.19 1

Moe’s Beef Nachos (P245) is my favorite among all the food served during the food run! It was a lot tastier than Buffalo Wild Wings’ Nachos and had more ingredients which made it more fun and tastier. I absolutely loved the different types of salsa that was served. There were five different flavors: Tomato and Jalapeno, Roasted Tomato and Garlic, Kaiser, Mango, and Roasted Corn and Black Beans. But the Mango Salsa was my favorite among all of it!

2016-08-17 04.42.18 1

Last but not the least among the food served by Moe’s is their  Beef Tacos (P135) which was served with salsa and nachos. Although I am satisfied with the taste because of its ambrosial taste, I still think that it was a bit ordinary.

2016-08-17 04.42.14 1

Promo: 30% off on nachos, tacos, and salad bowls

Moe’s Southwest Grill Uptown Mall

Fourth Floor, Uptown Place Mall,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

Sunday – Saturday: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM

I enjoyed my Ultimate Food Run experience and I can’t wait to tell you about the second half of restos we were able to try! Don’t forget to avail of the 30% discounts!

Disclaimer: I was invited by Zomato to attend the Food Run. All thoughts and opinion about each resto and food are completely mine.

19 Comments

• Reply ROBERT LEE September 8, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Meron akong gusto ma try. Moe’s. Italliani’s been there lots of times na rin in the past, so something new. The beef nachos looks really really good. 🙂 Anyway, you did say 6 restos in a day… how do you even manage to eat? Discipline needed to sort of space out the food in between stops!

• Reply Rej Relova September 9, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Yes! But the food served were good for sharing and we were around 15 during the event. So I just tasted a little of everything. And you’re right! Discipline is needed to manage the tummy space! LOL.

• Reply Maria September 8, 2016 at 9:08 pm

I guess you have to be a Zomato member to be invited to events like this. Haha! This surely is worth the time and effort because you’ll be feasting with great food. You’re lucky to be one of the invited bloggers/persons there! And the food looks enticing even from the screen! 😋

• Reply Rej Relova September 9, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Yes, that’s right. People from Zomato have a network of bloggers and Zomato reviewers already that they invite for events like this. The food looks and tastes good indeed!

• Reply Me-An Clemente September 8, 2016 at 10:00 pm

I heard from my friends from Zomato of this as well 🙂 It was a pretty tiring experience from what I heard but fun too. I hope to be able to meet you in a Zomato foodie meet up in the future. Anyway, I still haven’t tried those appetizers as the restaurants that offered it are fairly new in the bistro group. Maybe we’ll try some of it when we have the time. My co-blogger has a Citi card so we can avail the discount. Thanks for sharing this to everyone.

• Reply Laveena Sengar September 9, 2016 at 4:09 am

Oh I am a complete nachos girl. I can have them anytime anywhere. Love food related stuff a lot. Keep them coming

• Reply Miera Nadhirah September 9, 2016 at 6:12 am

Now those are some very tantalizing dishes… they look good but I haven’t a chance to try them I guess.. will keep this in mind for my future trip to your lovely country…

• Reply Berlin September 9, 2016 at 8:42 am

I would love to say that that was a fun event. I doubt it if it would be that fun for me. I could not imagine how I be able to digest everything and look forward to eating on the next diner being full. But then, with the company of good friends, and laughters and more chikahans, I could say that it may perhaps be real fun. It is really the company of friends that would make it enjoyable plus of course the food.

By the way, really love the look of each photo. Youve got a great camera plus an eye for detail.

• Reply Leona September 9, 2016 at 12:13 pm

The food looks really good, we have Zomato in Malaysia recently too. IT’s good to be able to gather for these fun events food tasting and getting to know people at the same time. Love the first dish, is that a lot of cheese that I see? Mouthwateringly good I bet.

• Reply Superaena - Citi x Bistro Ultimate Food Run [Part 2] September 9, 2016 at 4:16 pm

[…] Run I attended that Zomato hosted featuring The Bisto Group x Citi. I’ve already included the first three restos in my last post. This time, I’m going to talk about the second half of those six restos we […]

• Reply Shaira Habon September 9, 2016 at 6:50 pm

I love this food run concept! That Moe’s Beef Nachos really look delicious! I must schedule my next food trip soon! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Reply Rej Relova September 9, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Oh! I would love to read if ever you’re going to blog about it. We were only given starters and salads kasi that’s why I would like to see others talk about other food naman! 🙂

• Reply Jessica September 9, 2016 at 10:13 pm

You looked like in a food show where they try three different restaurants in a day. You had six, how could you do that? ahaha. But I don’t mind that much, I will sure make myself enjoy every dish too. Lol. I love to try the Italian Truffle Fries and buffalo wings.

• Reply Rej Relova September 9, 2016 at 10:16 pm

I wasn’t able to try the other food because I’m allergic to shrimp (part 2 of this food run post are mostly dishes with shrimp). I had to watch how much of each food I was able to taste because I’m on a diet. LOL>

• Reply Veethee Dixit September 11, 2016 at 12:21 am

First of all hats off to the photography! All these salads look delicious. I can even see a lot of creativity in the presentation. I am definitely gonna try Moe’s Southwest Grill.

• Reply Carola September 11, 2016 at 10:27 pm

When I started reading I thought: What is a food run?? But now your article has learned me about it! Everything looks so tasty. But I can imagine that the Spinach Artichoke Formaggio is your favorite. I love anything cheesy haha. And I am totally a nachos person as well! You amde some great choices in food here.

• Reply Rej Relova September 12, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Thanks, Carola! I really loved that they served mostly tacos and nachos! LOL.

• Reply Dominic Barrios September 12, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Hmmmm I noticed that mostly, you ordered chips and tacos. That’s just how much you love them don’t you? haha..
    First time to hear that Ultimate Food Run by the way. Looks really fun to be invited there if these foods are free. If you’re spending for all of these, this can really be expensive.

• Reply Rej Relova September 12, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Nope, we didn’t order it! Haha. The restos served it to us. They had their own menus for each appetizer and starter so basically had no choice. I really enjoyed it because of the nachos and tacos though! Haha. And yes, I agree, food runs are expensive if you’re shelling out your own money, but it is indeed fun!