Pablo's Pub and Restaurant

Of Fun-filled Nights: Pablo’s Pub and Restaurant

October 11, 2016

I am such a Tita. I have been since that term even trended. I don’t drink and I have never really entered a bar or pub before. I don’t do parties, #TGIF gimiks, and my night life consists of me scrolling through my phone or writing on my planners and journals. So when I got invited by Zomato PH for a dinner at Pablo’s Pub and Restaurant, I actually hesitated at first! I thought it was going to be just drinks but boy am I grateful I accepted the offer!

I arrived late in the venue because of traffic (as usual lol) so I was really worried that they were halfway through it already. But when I found out they haven’t started yet, I felt a huge load of burden on my chest fade away. LOL. I had an ample amount of time to take photos of the place and let you guys have a sneak peek of what Pablo’s looks like inside.

Of empty glasses and filled bottles

I was really surprised that we had the place all to ourselves (well, aside from a couple dining in and another couple who entered when we were almost done) and it was kind of enticing to just relax and hang around the place – very far from what I had imagined it to be! Pablo’s actually has a renegade feel – black paint, leather seats, and hint of mob class here and there.

While waiting for the others, Javier, one of the owners of the place told us where they got the name of the place. He said it was from Pablo Escobar, now, I have only heard of the name from a few of my officemates but according to a page on the world wide web, Wikipedia to be exact, Pablo Escobar was a Colombian drug lord and drug trafficker responsible for supplying an estimated 80% of the cocaine smuggled into the United States, turning over US $21.9 billion a year in personal income.

Can you see that small room with a television in the back of the place? That’s actually a function room that can be entered through a sliding door-slash-bookshelf of some sort! For P10,000 (or around $206), a group of 15-20 people can fit in the place with food and drinks. I actually thought it was a cool idea.

Surprisingly amazing food!

I didn’t really expect the food to be so good. This was my first time in a pub, I swear, and I have nothing to rave about but their tasty food. Upon arrival, I was given a glass of this Jameson Irish Whiskey and Coke (which I didn’t really touch because first, I don’t drink, and second, I’ve been soda-free for five years now). But it did taste good according to my fellow Zomato foodies!

The food that was first served to us was this mouth-watering basket of their own Paprika Fries (P160). I’m a publicly confessed french fry junkie so the thought of having to try yet another version of fries was so gratifying. It was a bit salty though for my personal preference but I still enjoyed the unique flavor to it (it was my first time to try paprika fries).

We were then served with their flavorful Spicy Chicken Tenders (P250). I’m a Bicolana and it’s given that we really love spicy food and although the name of the dish says spicy, the kick of spice in it wasn’t really enough for me. I have to commend them though for the perfect blend of tang and I think it was just enough for people who don’t have the same level of tolerance to spicy food as I have. It came with a sour cream dip but I prefer it be taken without it though for the emphasis of the flavor.

Then came the Chicharon Bulaklak (P230)! For those living in other parts of the world, Chicharon Bulaklak is a dish made out of deep-fried pork intestines and is a famous pulutan (food or snacks provided as accompaniment to alcoholic drinks) here in the Philippines! I got really guilty while eating it because I am still trying hard to lose weight and I make myself believe I’m on a diet. Haha! But I did enjoy it. It’s far from the usual chicharon bulaklak. It was very crispy and less oily than most versions of it. I also loved their take on the vinegar dip they had for it.

Just looking at it all in one place made me feel really guilty but I would be lying if I say I didn’t enjoy every single bite! It just seemed that one flavor complemented the other and they were all so distinct. All of it was good for sharing and are offered at a very affordable price. I say this just by basing on the location of Pablo’s.

And last but not the least, the star of the night, their bestseller and my favorite among all the food served to us, Pablo’s Cheeseburger (P190). Almost everyone in the table had a lot of questions directed to Chef Mario, the head chef of Pablo’s, about this yummy burger! The bun, toasted in brioche, was the softest bun I’ve ever tried on a burger, in all honesty. The patty was cooked medium well and just had the right taste for me although I’m not fond of cheeseburgers.

Woah, an alcohol analyzer? Wait, what?

This really caught my attention. Although, as I have mentioned earlier, I don’t drink, I think it was really nice of them to have an alcohol analyzer in the place. This device just lets a person blow on a straw inserted on that red circle area on it and then it quickly informs them if they have just the right amount of alcohol, or if they’re too drunk already to drive. Better to be safe and sure than to drink and drive!

PROMO ALERT! Pablo’s is currently celebrating its anniversary week from October 10 – 13, 2016! They’re offering their Pablo Cheeseburgers in the best sulit deals ever! You can buy 2 Pablo’s Cheeseburgers for P299 (originally priced at P190) and 2 Double Cheeseburgers for P549 (originally P290 each). Hurry up and avail of this sweet offer!

Pablo’s Pub and Restaurant

The Forum, 7th Avenue Corner Federacion Drive,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

Sunday: Closed
Monday – Thursday: 5:00 PM – 1:00 AM
Friday – Saturday: 5:00 PM – 3:00 AM

Pablo's Pub and Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Disclaimer: I was invited by Zomato to dine in Pablo’s Pub and Restaurant. All thoughts and opinion about the resaurant and food are completely mine.

Previous Post

• Reply Laveena Sengar October 11, 2016 at 11:52 pm

The food looks yummmmmm. I love cheese burgers specially when they taste this good at this price. Amazing truly. I would totally love to check out this place.

• Reply Me-An Clemente October 12, 2016 at 3:46 am

Too bad I wasn’t around during this time I could have finally met you in person. We had two food events that time and I chose the other one then Lloyd ended up with this one 🙁 Anyway, I would have loved to chow down on that Paprika fries. And what kind of sauce did they use for the cheeseburger? It’s color is somewhat different from the usual. Hope to see you in one of the FMUs these days. We usually attend.

• Reply Rej Relova October 12, 2016 at 10:17 am

Sayang nga! ‘Di bale. I hope we get to meet each other soon! 🙂 Btw, what’s the meaning of FMU? HAHA.

• Reply Dominic Barrios October 12, 2016 at 3:03 pm

That was an awesome restaurant name and pretty relevant to the national issue these days. Pablo Escobar and the War on Drugs lol. It was also amazing to hear they have a sort of secret room that you can rent for a meeting venue. In fairness to the prices of the food, they’re all pretty reasonable so I guess I could check that out with my family.

• Reply Gryselle Mae October 13, 2016 at 12:31 am

I haven’t been there before. When I read Pablo at first I thought you were gonna blog about the Japanese Cheese tart that is oh-so-famous now. But then I read Pub and restaurant. Haha. The place looks nice and near my place too. That hamburger though. Yum!

• Reply Jan Limark Valdez October 14, 2016 at 7:37 am

The place is cozy and food looks great!

God Bless!
    Jan Limark |Brotherly Creative

• Reply ladymyx October 15, 2016 at 12:36 pm

havent tried pablo’s but keep on seeing it on social media. plus, i dont live near taguig. so thats a plus of not being able to visit. 🙁

• Reply Thelittlelai: Beyond limits October 17, 2016 at 1:59 pm

This is such a well written food review. I am a big fan of burgers and that cheeseburger made me suddenly hungry.I like how they set up everything, it seems to be an organized beanery that everyone would love to stay and enjoy the food.

• Reply Rej Relova October 17, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Hey, Lai! Thanks a lot! Actually, it is. I would have loved to stay around but I needed to leave immediately. 🙂

• Reply Jakey @ Tarot and Coffee October 17, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Hah, I thought so, the origin of the name. El Patron Pablo. You gotta watch this quite popluar Netflix series called “Narcos.” It’s about him, and it’s compelling.

That’s a nice new place I can have a visit too. Been looking for some other good joints ’round there in BGC. I’ll have a go with this one then.

• Reply Rej Relova October 17, 2016 at 2:33 pm

I’ve heard about the show but haven’t really started watching it!!! Thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

• Reply Samantha October 17, 2016 at 10:08 pm

That’s cool that you had the place almost to yourself! Where was everyone though?? Looks like a pub I’d like to get a whiskey and gingerale at! And I think the breathalizer is so good to have in bars. There’s one of those at a fave pub of mine back home in Canada.

• Reply Mommy Queenelizabeth October 18, 2016 at 9:56 pm

The food looks yum! Im not really a drinking person but i do drink occassionally like wine and beer if with my husband and closest friends on special occassions. I don’t drink vodka though, it makes me sick for a week! Lol! This place seems to be cool for late night dates with friends!

• Reply Louisa October 19, 2016 at 9:47 am

I’m not a drinker myself but I like the pika pika. The burger looks delicious with that melted cheese on top! I guess this would be more of a guys hangout from the looks of it. Nice touch though with the alcohol analyzer. Every bar should have that!

• Reply Kris October 19, 2016 at 4:28 pm

I can totally relate with the tita thing. I haven’t even tried clubbing when I was in college and I can only count in my fingers that I have entered a bar and I was bored half of the time. hehe! I guess it’s because of the mafia feel that’s why they named the pub Pablo. I didn’t know who he was too until I started watching Narcos, a Netflix series introduced by my partner. The food looks yum although a bit pricey I guess? 🙂

• Reply Zwitsy October 20, 2016 at 2:15 pm

The alcohol analyzer is something new to me. I haven’t heard about it ever since but boy, it is something what should every bar or establishment that offer liquors have! At least for those who can’t control their alcohol intake, they can lessen their consumption. As for their current offer on their best seller, I bet it is definitely a good deal!